Sunday, March 25, 2012

I Cried For You

This song was written after dinner for two at Leleu Taki (which I thought to be interpreted "Silent Running Stream.")
It resided about halfway through the screenplay, All For A Song.



Remember when, we met and then, you asked me to write a song about you... I watched your face as you talked about yesterdays...
Then you touched my hand so softly, as your eyes kissed mine so gently,
You were reaching out to catch today.

I saw your hidden tears, and I knew...and because I understand, I cried for you.

You remind me of a little bird, wounded by a smiling hunter... you're afraid to land and afraid to stay...
Part of you would like to find me, touch me, hold me, sweetly-kindly, and part of you would like to fly away.

I saw your hidden tears, and I knew...and because I understand, I cried for you.

You told me your fears and dreams...and we laughed at tomorrow's magic...
Today is here...and tomorrow will never be...
Then you touched my heart so softly, as your lips kissed mine so gently,
For that moment, you belonged to me.

I saw your smiling tears, and I knew...and because I understand, I cried for you.
It's because we're all the same... I cried for you.

From the screenplay "All For A Song". C1980.

No comments:

Post a Comment