Friday, December 2, 2011

"Forevermore"

In the "All For A Song" scene a few days ago, November 16, BW Lane was going to sing a song at DEE'S BackPorch. This was an answer to the old discussion of "what lasts forever?"


INT. DEE'S BACKPORCH - NIGHT


The bar is packed. Wait staff is busy serving food and drink. Dee is behind the bar checking inventory and reacting with the heightened evening business. Customers are enjoying themselves as BW ends a song that he's playing in the background.


ANGLE STAGE

BW has just finished a song and he waits for the room to quiet before he starts to speak. After a couple of almost uneasy moments, the patrons realize and then honor the silence. As the room quiets, he makes his introduction.


BW
The next song... I didn't write.

BW looks at Dee to make sure he has her attention. At his remark, she looks up surprised, in knowing that he never sings any material he didn't write.


BW (cont.)
I just finished a song that someone else started...and never...

He looks at Dee and she remains glued intensely to his every word. It's as if they are the only two people in the place.


BW (cont.)
I found it in an old guitar case...in a closet...in this old tavern...

Dee owns the impact of what is coming. The realization comes as BW looks straight at her and starts to smile.


BW (cont.)
There was a note with it, it said...'some songs are never heard. Please finish this, and if it ain't too late, sing it for Dee...and sing it hard'.


Dee purses her lips to keep from crying, a tear rolls down her cheek as BW starts the song.
He sings with new inspiration.


BW (cont.-singing)
We were sitting alone, she was the Princess and I was the frog.
I'll never forget...the kiss that she gave me, because I turned into a King
In a moment with her.

Thank God for memories, it was a Sunday, and we were laughing...
...and that's when I told her, that she'd remember, forevermore.

By now, she's sitting alone, the Princess is Queen, and the frog is gone.
The days, and the seasons, and the years they go by her...
like a 'two-minute ending' on a 'ten-second' song.

Thank God for memories, 'cause on some Friday, when the game is over, she may remember,
...the time I told her, memories last forever, Forevermore.


(A lot happens while the song continues...so that will be for another day.)

What do you think lasts forever? Ideally, Lane had a good idea. If you can, live so your life will not be long ending on a short song.

No comments:

Post a Comment